Finance Manager / Financial Controller
- Senior Management Role
- Work for an Exciting Industry Leader
- Great Waikato Location
Join the Waipā Networks family and become a key player in our close-knit team as we power communities across the Waipā region. With a legacy spanning over a century in the electricity industry, we are a growing network serving over 40,000 customers in Cambridge, Te Awamutu, Kāwhia and beyond. Our fast-growing network presents exciting challenges and opportunities for innovation. Embrace the opportunity to contribute to our community as we transition from a historically rural network to a dynamic mix of rural, urban, and industrial landscapes.
Are you ready to take on a role beyond numbers and spreadsheets? As our Finance Manager/Controller, you will provide financial leadership, lead our finance team, and ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements. The nature and scale of our business mean there is a requirement for agility and flexibility, with all leaders demonstrating the ability and willingness to contribute widely to support the business. Join us in our mission to deliver cost-effective and reliable distribution, shaping a future-ready network for our community.
Reporting to the Head of Finance and Commercial, the primary focus of the role is to lead the finance team in delivering world-class finance and accounting services and support, providing financial advice and insights that assist the business in making high-quality decisions.
- Provide dynamic leadership and direction to the finance team, creating a culture of collaboration, accountability, and continuous improvement.
- Ensure timely production of accurate monthly and annual financial reports, adhering to accounting standards and regulatory requirements.
- Lead the annual budget and forecasting process, presenting key financial insights to senior management.
- Manage banking and treasury operations within established policies, maintaining strong relationships with transactional and investment managers.
- Monitor and manage cash flow to ensure the organisation’s financial stability and liquidity.
- Manage payroll function, ensuring timely payments and compliance requirements are met.
- Lead the annual insurance renewal process to ensure appropriate cover is retained at renewal.
- Provide support and backup to the Head of Finance and Commercial when required.
The ideal candidate will bring at least five years of experience in a senior finance leadership role and a strong understanding of financial principles, regulations, and reporting standards. Your proven ability to lead change across a finance function and processes and experience in commercial finance roles will set you apart; working as a business partner, along with financial modelling, analysis, and forecasting, is strongly desired.
Showcase your problem-solving skills and ability to convey complex financial information to non-finance stakeholders. Your collaborative and relationship-building skills will be key as you work with external and internal stakeholders. You’ll also bring strong communication and interpersonal abilities and a self-motivated and team-oriented approach to contribute actively to our dynamic work environment.
What’s in it for you?
Join a thriving team in a truly innovative and exciting company. Be part of a close-knit and welcoming culture as you immerse yourself in challenging work that contributes to our growth. This role offers a chance to build a lasting legacy and take your career to the next level. Enjoy a competitive salary and employee benefits, including comprehensive health and life insurance.
Please note that we run a robust recruitment process, including pre-employment vetting. To apply, you must have the right to work permanently in New Zealand without restrictions and be currently in New Zealand. Join us at Waipā Networks and be a part of something remarkable.