If you want a new connection to our Network (eg to supply a new house, cowshed, etc), or you wish to upgrade your existing supply, the process is as follows:
- Complete an Application for Network Connection and e-mail it to the address on the form.
- We will assess the application, carry out a pre-aproval site visit, and determine if a network extension or upgrade is required. If this is the case, a Capital Contribution is usually required as a condition of approval. We will advise you if this is required.
- Payment of a New Connection Application administration fee as set by Waipa Networks from time to time will be required. The fee must be paid before an application can be approved and covers the cost of processing the application and carrying out an initial site visit. Contact the Waipa Networks New Connections team for details of the fee and process.
- Once approved, we will forward the Application to your nominated Electricity Retailer (this is the Company that will bill you each month for the power used). For a list of Electricity Retailers operating in our area click HERE.
- The Electricity Retailer will register the connection details in their system and organise for meters to be hung, inspected, and the connection livened.
If you wish to discuss the new connections process with our office please feel to give us a call, or click HERE to get in touch.