Waipa Networks is committed to environmental responsibility and this is reflected in both our operations and sponsorship programme.
We have sponsored a number of environmental causes including Sanctuary Mountain (Maungtautari), Pirongia Te Aroarao o Kahu Restoration Society, and Kakepuku Mountain Conservation Society.
Waipa Networks Limited has supported its community for over a century by providing an essential service. We will continue to play our part in the economic and social development of our community but not at the expense of our natural resources. We will ensure that in everything we do we will manage these resources sustainably and work with mana whenua, key stakeholders and our community to preserve and restore for our planet now and for future generations.
- Acknowledging Kaitiakitanga, we have a duty as guardians of natural resources to ensure their preservation and restoration for our community now and for generations to come.
- We acknowledge the environmental work carried out by others in our community and that working together will achieve the best outcomes.
- Our environmental commitments are an integral part of who we are and what we do.
- Environmental stewardship is everyone’s responsibility and that includes all our people and our partners.
- Climate change requires urgent action, and we are part of the solution.
- Comply with all environmental laws and regulations
- Work with iwi, stakeholders and our community to deliver a coordinated local approach to making our planet a better place to live for future generations
- Continually improve and measure our environmental performance
- Manage our operations with the absolute goal of preventing environmental incidents
- Require our business partners and contractors to work with us to preserve the planet’s resources
- Encourage efficient and sustainable use of the electricity network
- Accelerate decarbonisation by embracing innovative solutions
- Empower our people to be part of the solution